Finding the motivation to move forward can sometimes be challenging in times of difficulty. Self-love affirmations are a straightforward way to focus on the present and enjoy your life.
Many people find it helpful to see their mantra and embrace it as a philosophy of life in times of difficulty. Famous phrases carry great truths written by writers, poets, philosophers, singers, and anonymous. People call them “self-love affirmations.”
Find your “Control what you can, confront what you can’t” mantra and stick to it to get through the tough times. Here are dozens of affirmations for self-love to help get you started, no matter which aspect of your life you wish to change.
Self-love affirmations to enjoy life
If you feel small in this world, don’t dare to do things, leave things half done, and would like to change your attitude and be braver, these can be the affirmations to help you enjoy life:
- Don’t be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.
- I don’t look at the calendar to know when I should live my life.
- Don’t ruin today with tomorrow’s mourning.
- I always live in the present. The future I cannot know. The past I no longer have.
- All I have is all I need, and all I need is all I have now.
- Yesterday is a canceled check; tomorrow is an I will pay; today is the only cash you have, so spend it wisely.
- Forever is made up of thrifts.
- Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.
- Where one door closes, another one opens.
- Ultimately, it’s not the years of life that matter, but the life of the years.
If you have self-esteem problems and find it hard to value yourself, you will have to undergo a long process of acceptance.
The first step may be to select your mantra and use it as a boundary for yourself and others:
- Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your appearance. It is about accepting everything about yourself.
- A person who does not value himself cannot value anything or anyone else.
- Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.
- Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will do nothing with it.
- Self-love is the source of all love.
- When you love yourself, you make better decisions.
- I am more than my scars.
- People change when they realize the potential they have to change things.
- Value yourself as a person. If you know what you are worth, you will seek what you deserve.
- Feel compliments as deeply as insults.
- Healing is not so much about fixing yourself as it is about fixing your view of yourself.
- Do you know what’s liberating? Saying “no” without feeling guilty for prioritizing your well-being.
Body positive affirmations
With the impact of social media and the deceptions of photoshopped images and celebrities constantly undergoing surgery, it is inevitable to compare yourself from time to time. But your body is your tool, and you should appreciate it, take care of it, and love it regardless of others:
- Everyone has a unique body, and it is important to appreciate yours. There is no standard definition of beauty or perfect size.
- Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
- Loving yourself right now just the way you are is giving you heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.
- Don’t make your body the grave of your soul.
- This is your moment, and no one can take it away from you, only yourself, if you keep limiting yourself with your complexes.
- Loving yourself is not vanity. It is sanity.
- Your body works hard to keep you alive.
Are you discouraged? Come on. It’s just a streak. It would be best if you had a boost, and we hope we can convey that to you with the following affirmations:
- Without struggle, there is no progress.
- Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
- You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
- We must embrace the pain and burn it as gasoline for our journey.
- Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of the hard work you’ve already done.
- Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding on the 20th.
- Always keep in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than anything else.
- The only guarantee of failure is to stop trying.
- Dripping water makes a hole in the water, not by force but by persistence.
- Genius is made up of 2% talent and 98% perseverance.
- It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our life. It is what we do consistently.
- Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day after day.
- The way to hit the nail on the head once is to hit the horseshoe a hundred times.
- The only one who succeeds in the world is the one who gets up and looks for circumstances, creating them if he does not find them.
- A road of a thousand miles begins with one step.
- Most men lack not strength but constancy.
- There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to discover how you have changed.
Self-love affirmations: Final Words
A good idea would be to write your phrase somewhere you see it frequently. Write it down, reflect on it, what it means to you and how you can adapt it in your life. If you are going through a challenging time, I advise you to put reminders with different phrases at random times to keep your morale high.
Remember that the beauty of these affirmations is that they are all true. You have to find the one that resonates with you the most. Which one was your favorite? Would you like to contribute with another phrase? Please leave it in the comments below!