You know you are a fair person, and you are known by it. You liked a guy, and he behaved poorly, just like they usually do. However, there might have been several factors to consider, including how he feels and what he does after hurting you. Do guys regret hurting a good girl, or are they all evil and careless?
We know it is not easy to reach a conclusion in these circumstances, so we want to give you some advice and helpful information you should consider before making up your mind. So, keep on reading to clear your head.
What makes a guy miss a good girl?
First of all, you need to be in his shoes. What is it that he misses about you? Why didn’t he leave? Many factors can contribute to a guy regretting hurting a girl who has been friendly and good to them. These three key factors define the kind of girl guys regret losing after hurting her.
1. Her authenticity
One of the most attractive qualities a girl can have is her authentic and unique personality. Yes, to be liked, you just have to be you. No insecurities, no trying to fit in. Enjoy being happy, loving yourself, accepting, and embracing who you are. When a guy meets a girl who is genuine, confident, and comfortable in her skin, it can be difficult for him to forget her.
He may regret hurting her because he realizes he has lost someone special who was truly one-of-a-kind. Finding a magnetic and irresistible woman is difficult, and guys know it.
2. Her loyalty
Loyalty, not in a medieval and sexist way, is a rare and valuable trait in today’s world, and when a guy meets a girl fiercely loyal to the ones she loves and to herself, it can leave a lasting impression. If he hurts this type of girl, he may regret it because he realizes he has lost someone who would have always had his back, no matter what.
3. Her way of loving
In the end, it is a matter of the heart. A girl’s unique way of loving and being pure can also be a factor that causes a guy to regret hurting her. A woman who loves wholeheartedly, without expectations or ulterior motives, is rare and beautiful. When a guy realizes he has lost someone who loved him for who he was, he may regret hurting her and miss her deeply.
Signs a guy regrets hurting you
If you have been hurt by a guy to who you have been nothing but kind and good, it can be difficult to determine whether or not he truly regrets his actions. However, there are certain signs that you can look for to help you decide whether he truly feels remorse for what he has done. Try to see if he behaves this way:
1. He keeps texting you
If a guy keeps texting you after he has hurt you, it may be a sign that he regrets his actions, as it shows that he does not want to lose you. If he consistently reaches out to you, it could be because he wants to see how you are doing or to make amends for what he has done.
2. He interacts with you on social media
Social media interactions can also signify that a guy regrets hurting you. He is just not ready to leave you or be left by you.
It is a common sign: he consistently likes your posts, comments on your pictures, or shares your updates. It could be a sign that he is still thinking about you and wants to stay connected. He might even be in contact with your inner circle, trying to be liked by them.
3. He sends you hints online
Another typical sign of this generation when a guy regrets hurting you is that he sends you hints online. For example, he may tweet a song with special meaning or send you a message with an inside joke that only the two of you would understand. These subtle hints indicate that he is thinking about you and wants to reconnect, hoping you might stalk him as much as he is stalking you.
4. He tells you he wants you back
Last but not least, the forward sign: he directly tells you that he wants you in his life again. He is willing to admit his mistakes and work to make things right. It could signify that he is genuinely remorseful for what he has done. He wants to win you back. But what should you do about it?
Do guys regret hurting a good girl? What should you do?
If someone you liked has hurt you, even though you were good to him, it is important to take some time to reflect and consider your situation. Here are some essential aspects to take into account:
- Your feelings: Take the time to process your emotions and understand how you truly feel about the situation. It is okay to feel hurt and angry, but it is also essential to know what you need for yourself to heal.
- The reasons behind his actions: Try to understand why the boy may have hurt you without making excuses for his behavior. Sometimes people make mistakes, but it is important to recognize when someone’s actions are unacceptable.
- Your future relationship with him: Consider whether you want to continue a relationship with the boy and, if so, what that relationship will look like.
Once you have considered these factors, it is crucial to take action to protect yourself. Here are some steps to take:
- Communicate your feelings: If you feel comfortable, have an open and honest conversation with the boy about how his actions have affected you. Being clear about your boundaries and what you need to heal is essential.
- Practice self-care: Take care of yourself and prioritize your well-being. Engage in activities that bring you joy, spend time with friends and family, and focus on your happiness.
- Consider ending the relationship: If the boy’s actions have caused irreparable harm, it may be necessary to end the relationship. This can be a difficult decision, but it is crucial to prioritize your well-being and happiness.
Do guys regret hurting a good girl? Final words
In the end, it doesn’t matter if he is a guy. It is about the person. What can you tell about him? Have you met his family? His friends? An ex of his? You could say a lot about him through the people he spends his life with. Then, if you recognized some of the previous signs, he probably regrets the course of action he took with you.
But remember: you do not owe him anything. You can forgive him if you want, but you do not have to get back to him if you think he will make you feel unstable or impact your self-esteem. So, tell us, did you ever give a second chance to a bad boy? Share your experience in the comments to help other women in this challenging situation.